The key to a smooth, seamless application of your makeup- is making sure you are using your brushes in the right manner! But which ones should you buy? How do you know which brush works the best? Can a brush be used for two purposes?
Do you often find yourself confused with these questions? We have you covered!
Here's a breakdown list of all the brushes and how to use them, right away.
1) Foundation Brush-
- For cream/liquid foundation, we recommend dotting the product wherever you need, then using the brush to blend it out in small, circular motions.
- For powder-based foundation, the product can either be pressed into the skin or swept over in small, circular motions for a natural, sheer coverage.
- Continue the circular motion on areas where you want the maximum coverage. The dense bristles will ensure a perfectly blended, streak-free look.
2) Powder Brush-
- Even out the cream/liquid/powder with the Luminous HD Powder Brush with very soft strokes.
Powder/Compact can either be pressed into the skin or swept over in soft, circular motions to distribute loose powder evenly across your face without dispensing too much product.
Tap off the excess product before using sweeping motions to brush it across the face.
3) Contour Brush-
- While using cream/liquid/powder-based product with the Luminous HD Contour Brush – ideally angled, start by sculpting under the cheekbones and along the hairline.
- Always tap excess powder off the brush before applying it below your cheekbones or jaw.
- Place the brush bottom down on your face and blend downwards so you’re working with the flow of the brush and not against it.
- Designed to mimic the curve of the cheekbones, the brush works perfectly with a blush as well as bronzer.
4) Highlighting Brush-
- For powders, the bristles in the Luminous HD Highlighter Brush picks up comparatively lesser product hence offering a sheer application while applying it on your cheekbones.
For liquid/cream highlighter, the synthetic bristles give a medium to intense application due to its ability to easily blend without absorbing excess product.
Use it in a stippling motion to evenly press the product onto the skin for a beautiful, full-glam look.
- It can be used to dust on finishing powder or powder blush.
5) Concealer Brush-
- Apply concealer below the eyes with a patting motion.
- Then press it in using the flat end of the brush. To avoid cracking and creasing, do not smear or drag.
- For a brightened under eye, apply concealer in a V-shape rather than U-shape and blend outwards.
6) Nose Contour Brush-
- Use the fine tip of the Luminous HD Nose Contour brush to pick the product for accuracy and high definition. Tap/wipe off any excess.
- Draw contour lines beginning at the brow bone and going all the way to the end of your nose. Repeat on the other side of your nose.
- Then follow the number one rules when it comes to contouring, blending. Blend outwards from the center of your nose. Keep blending until all the harsh lines are softened.
7) Eyebrow/Lipstick Brush-
For your brows:
- Dip your Luminous HD Eyebrow/Lipstick Brush in your cream/powder based product and tap of the excess.
- Start in the centre and work your way out to the edges of your brow. Place your brush at the arch of your eyebrow. Move it out towards your nose and upwards towards your forehead in short, feathery motions. Do not draw straight lines.
- Return the brush to the arch. Move it towards your ear and upward towards your forehead in short, feathery motions.
- Pull the brush upwards and through your brows several times
- Repeat on your other brow.
For your lips:
- Dip your brush into a lip pot or tube of your lipstick.
- Use the tip of the brush and define your lips by using it as a lip liner. The square edge of the bristles on the top will let you finish the small strokes with finesse.
- Now fill your lips in by using the body of the brush for blending it perfectly.
- The long handle provides optimum control over the amount of product deposited on the lip.
- For a simple lipstick or lip gloss application, start at the centre of your lips and blend product out toward your lip line.
- To get a crisp finish, use the tip of the brush to define the lip lines at the bows and corners.
8) Spot Concealer/Colour Correcting Brush-
- For colour correction, apply a very small amount of colour corrector on the brush. Do stipple motions to lightly layer the product and let it dry before moving on to the next step.
- Avoid applying too much concealer in one go as this will draw more attention to the area.
- Apply in a few thin layers and use a patting, not swiping, motion.
- Once it’s covered from all angles, blend away the edges using the brush.
- If used over foundation, finish off with a sweep of setting powder.
9) Precision Highlighting Brush-
- For a powder highlighter, swirl your Luminous HD Precision Highlight Applicator Brush in the product, tap off the excess, then lightly blend the brush over your cheekbones, brow bones, Cupid’s bow, inner corner of the eyes and anywhere else the light naturally hits your face.
- The dome bristles work together to densely apply the product, creating a natural glow.
- For liquid/cream highlight, the synthetic bristles give a medium to the intense application due to its ability to easily blend without absorbing excess product.
- For liquid/cream, use it in a stippling motion to evenly press onto the skin for beautiful glossy and smooth coverage.